Exactly three months ago, I set 24 goals on my 24th birthday. By the end of September I was panicking. “What have I done?” I thought. “I haven’t completed a single thing!” So I got to work.
I’m very pleased to say, I made good progress. A little more than I was even expecting. And, of course, in some places, not as much as I was hoping. All in all, I’d say I’m right on track. 1.
Gain 2,000 blog followers. Gain 200 blog followers.
I am striking out this and the next point, not because I have accomplished them, but because I am reviewing and revamping my goals. I’m taking the blog back to what I originally intended–a place to share, make friends, and enjoy! I am not going to push to make it huge (though of course I’d still love that). I am going to let it grow at its own pace.
2. Have 50,000 monthly views. 3. Exceed 5,000 social media followers.
Umm… Let’s see, does 12,000+ followers count? Why, yes. Yes it does. Woo hoo!
4. Redesign the blog for ease of use, retention, and style, including new header!
New header? Check! Related posts? Check! How else can I make this blog better for you?
5. Attract advertisers and post sponsors.
Yay for Amazon adds!
25 10 original craft posts.
Brighten Your Space with a Push Pin Board (most popular) – 9/24
Tissue Paper Wall Art – 11/10
7. Learn how to take proper craft photos and create backdrop.
Backdrop created! And I don’t know, what do you think? Am I taking proper craft photos? It seems to me like it’s a yes 🙂
9. Gobble down a freshly-baked pretzel while touring the sites of Munich, Germany.
10. See my cousin Richard’s new house and my aunt and uncle’s new flat in the UK.
This is about halfway done. The organizing is complete. We bought plastic tubs and I sorted all of my crafting material and put it in them. A lot of the craft project above have been to prepare for this office makeover. But we’re planning on getting rid of the desk and getting a printer station, which is still on the wish list (Christmas decor took priority).
12. Makeover the laundry room (that’s really just a closet) so that it’s easier to use.
Done! I got up some hooks and made a hanger carrier that has made my life so much easier!
13. Somehow attractively cover that giant hole above the fireplace… maybe tasteful shelves?
Yiiiiiiiipppppppeeeeeeee!!!!! This is complete! What was once a horrible hole in the wall is now whole again. Check out my now beautiful mantel!
14. Make 10 blankets for Covered in Love (a partner with Safe Families for Children.)
1 – Camo and Orange Stripes, Boy’s Blanket
2 – Brown and Green Waves, Boy’s Blanket
3 – Greens and Camo Hexagon, Boy’s Blanket
4 – I’m about halfway through a bright girls’s hexagon blanket.
I made too many girls’ blankets at the beginning because it’s easier to find patterns. Now I’m having to make up for it!
15. Cut and assemble 50 pairs of shoes for Sole Hope.
13 down… well, 33 in total, but I made 20 of those before my b-day.
16. Sponsor two local children for Christmas through yearly church outreach.
Well, our church is doing this a little differently this year. They’re partnering with a women’s shelter this year. By the time we stopped talking to our friends, the children’s tags were gone, so we are actually supporting two of the mothers this year.
18. Spend 10 minutes at the beginning of the day in the Bible and in prayer for a month.
19. Get an agent or decide to indie publish.
2. (Replacement) Complete my second novel–Into the Rough.
I’m a little over 10,000 words in. Not as far as I’d like, but I’m hoping to change that after the New Year.
20. Do one death defying act, such as parasailing or bungie jumping.
21. Be able to easily converse in Spanish with my in-laws.
…I wish. They’re coming in 9 days! I can’t wait to see them. But I’m truly worried about how much I’ll be able to understand them.
22. See 4 musicals/plays/concerts.
Carlos Vives/Marc Anthony Concert in Chicago, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dream Coat at the IU Auditorium, Yo-Yo Ma and The Bric Project at the IU Auditorium
23. Read 40 books.
Read: Summer by Summer by Heather Burch, Kiss and Blog by Allison Nöel, Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK by Betsy St. Amant, The Daughters by Joanna Philbin, The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan, Nobody’s Prize by Ester Friesner, The Daughters Break the Rules by Joanna Philbin,The Daughters Take the Stage by Joanna Philbin, The Daughters Join the Party by Joanna Philbin, Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Listened to audiobook: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy, Starring Me by Krista McGee, Emma by Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
24. Workout 3 days a week for 4 weeks consistently.
Ha. Not even close.
Download the free "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook!
If you want to create fabulous, accomplishable goals for 2017. Download the FREE, 9-page "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook to revolutionize your year.